The independent Australian Medical Research Advisory Board (AMRAB) is conducting a national consultation to inform the development of the second set of Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities (Priorities) for 2018-2020.
AMRAB is interested in hearing reflections on the first set of MRFF Priorities and how the next set of Priorities should extend or reset the direction of the MRFF. They are seeking views on a number of specific questions:
1. Are there any outstanding Priorities from 2016-2018 that need to be extended or re-emphasised?
2. What are the unaddressed gaps in knowledge, capacity and effort across the healthcare continuum and research pipeline?
3. What specific priority or initiatives can address any of the above deficits?
4. How can current research capacity, production and use within the health system be further strengthened through the MRFF?
5. Free text commentary with reference to the Discussion Paper.
You can access the Medical Research Future Fund 2018-2020 Priorities Consultation Discussion Paper and submit your views by 31 August at https://consultations.health.gov.au/health-economics-and-research-division/medical-research-future-fund-consultation-for-the/.
We encourage health services researchers to submit a response to AMRAB and to send a copy of that response and/or your views to email@example.com to inform the HSRAANZ response and wider discussion.Leave a reply →