Projects involving Australian researchers, based in Australia that are chosen by the NIHR for funding, may be eligible for NHMRC support.
NHMRC is considering supporting Australian researchers for the following NIHR HTA 2020 Round 1 research topics:
- 20/18 Minimally invasive operative intervention for bladder outlet obstruction due to benign prostatic hyperplasia
- 20/19 Nasal decolonisation of MRSA
- 20/20 Imaging in paediatric osteomyelitis
- 20/21 Subcutaneous vs oral methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis
- 20/23 Diagnostic tools to establish the presence and severity of peripheral arterial disease in people with diabetes
- 20/24 Psychological intervention for complex post-traumatic stress disorder
- 20/25 Guided self-help for depression in adults with autism spectrum disorder
- 20/26 Antifungal Stewardship in Haemato-oncology
- 20/27 Management of ankle fractures in children
Round 1 opportunities for funding will be advertised as a Grant Opportunity on Grant Connect in the third quarter of 2020.