One of Australia’s largest and most experienced not-for-profit aged care, health and independent living providers has a new name.
RSL Care + RDNS was created when the two well-respected and iconic providers merged in 2015 to deliver more services, supporting more people through all life stages and health needs. The organisation will now be known as Bolton Clarke, a name that honours two key pioneers in community service whose values helped to shape the organisation and continue to drive its purpose.
Today, Bolton Clarke employs more than 6,500 staff who make over 4 million client visits each year in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and China, supporting more than 22,000 veterans annually and over 5,600 residents in retirement living and residential care communities.
“The name we have chosen gives us a new identity that is true to where we have come from and allows us to communicate the depth and breadth of our organization under a single banner,” CEO Stephen Muggleton said. “From the beginning, we have provided flexible and responsive care and support in a range of settings. Our commitment to our clients and residents continues as we invest in expanding our services to support more people, giving them even more choice.”
Since joining together in 2015, the organization has expanded its service offerings and its footprint. Highlights include:
- Expanding its group of companies with the acquisition of Your Choice Home Care NSW, Broadwater Gardens Retirement Living Community NSW and training provider the Aged Care Channel, which delivers services to the industry in Australia, NZ, the UK and Ireland. The group also has more than 1,000 residential aged care beds under management with
a joint venture partner in China.
- Designing and building new communities supporting active living and engagement, including developments at Caboolture, Gold Coast and Thornlands, Queensland and Banora Point, New South Wales as the first stages of a $600 million capital works pipeline.
- Expansion of remote consultancy and telehealth programs.
- Expansion of reablement services across Australia including a new regional rehabilitation centre at Longreach in partnership with Queensland Health.
The people behind the name
Bolton Clarke recognises two people who personify the tradition of care and respect at the heart of each organisation’s history.
- Lady Janet Clarke (1851-1909), a well-known philanthropist, became president of the Melbourne District Nursing Society (later RDNS) in 1889 and remained a driving force for more than 20 years of dedicated service and commitment.
- Lieutenant Colonel William Kinsey Bolton (1860-1941) was a returned serviceman and Gallipoli veteran who in 1916 became the first president of the Returned Sailors’ and Soldiers’ League (forerunner of the RSL), an organisation that has been actively caring ever since.
About Bolton Clarke
In 2015, RSL Care and RDNS came together to create Australia’s most experienced not-for-profit provider of comprehensive living, health and aged care services, operating nationally and internationally. In August 2017, our name changed to Bolton Clarke, which reflects the surnames of two early pioneers in community services who inspired our organisation’s work.
Bolton Clarke offers an integrated continuum of care services to residents and clients that match their needs and their health and lifestyle journey. Our services connect customers to solutions that promote healthier, more productive and involved lives.
With more than 6,500 dedicated staff across Australia, New Zealand and Asia, Bolton Clarke provides a wide range of general and specialist care services, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. This includes at-home support, retirement living and residential aged care; telehealth services; healthy ageing and mental health programs; chronic disease management; rehabilitation and transition care.
For more information:
Alicia Eu, WE Buchan
02 9237 2804 / 0412 552 004
Sasha Fox, WE Buchan
03 8866 1219 / 0431 289 886