In July/August 2018 the independent Australian Medical Research Advisory Board (AMRAB) conducted a national consultation to inform the development of the second set of Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities (Priorities) for 2018-2020.
AMRAB was interested in hearing reflections on the first set of MRFF Priorities and how the next set of Priorities should extend or reset the direction of the MRFF. They sought views on a number of specific questions:
1. Are there any outstanding Priorities from 2016-2018 that need to be extended or re-emphasised?
2. What are the unaddressed gaps in knowledge, capacity and effort across the healthcare continuum and research pipeline?
3. What specific priority or initiatives can address any of the above deficits?
4. How can current research capacity, production and use within the health system be further strengthened through the MRFF?
5. Free text commentary with reference to the Discussion Paper.