The NHMRC has issued the following information for researchers impacted by COVID 19.
Read the full article.
NHMRC recognises that the Coronavirus Alert may be affecting many members of the Australian research community, including our current grant holders. If you have received a grant and circumstances have changed - for example, there has been a delay in your Research Activity because of involvement in the clinical or public health response - you can apply to vary your grant.
Please work with your Administering Institution’s Research Administration Officers (RAOs) as your first point of contact for all grant administration matters. Variation requests are to be certified and submitted by the Administering Institution’s RAO. Variations that may be relevant due to the impact of COVID-19 include:
- Deferral of commencement date
- Deferral of an in-progress grant and extended leave requests
- Extended end date
- Change to a research plan
- Change to chief investigators.
More details are available on the 'Vary your grant' page
If Administering Institutions are unable to complete and submit any grant reports, grant variation requests, or acceptance of grant offers, please contact Postaward.email@example.com.
International research efforts
Australian researchers are part of the international research effort to respond to COVID-19. NHMRC is also a member of the Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GloPID-R), an international network of major research funding organizations which invest in research capacity and capabilities to support the rapid initiation of scientific research in case of an outbreak.
For more information, see GLOPID-R
- World Health Organisation information
- The United States National Institutes of Health information
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information
- APPRISE is also assembling a source of international research