GO ID: GO3279
Agency: Department of Health
Close Date & Time: 3-Mar-2020 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time)
Show close time for other time zones
Primary Category: 231018 – Public Health Services
Publish Date: 11-Dec-2019
Location: ACT, NSW, VIC, SA, WA, QLD, NT, TAS, Administered Territories, Overseas
Selection Process: Open Competitive
The 2019 Rural, Regional and Remote Clinical Trial Enabling Infrastructure grant opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund and is an initiative under the National Critical Infrastructure Initiative.
New and innovative approaches to enhancing and improving clinical trial infrastructure (including facilities, research equipment, systems and services) – by extending existing or providing new clinical trials into rural, regional and remote areas – holds the potential to address many of the existing barriers, such as distance, geographical isolation and workforce capacity.
The intent of this grant opportunity is to provide initial stimulus funding for innovative approaches with potential for national application. It is not to be a source of funding for routine and on-going activities eligible for funding though existing funding mechanisms.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are:
- improved facilities, equipment, services and systems in rural, regional and remote Australia
- improved quality of care and health outcomes for patients through quicker and easier access to medical treatments, drugs, therapies and devices, through participation in clinical trials
- reduced burden, costs and risks for patients and their families related to clinical trial participation
- increased research capacity, including linkages, leveraging and enhancements of existing local and national structures, organisations, facilities and/or workforce, with flow-on effects to broader health services
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is improved access to clinical trials by Australians living in rural, regional and remote areas of Australia.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with sections 20 and 24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 6.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 3.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity
To be eligible your project must:
- be aimed at the objectives and outcomes in section 1.3 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- have at least $5 million in eligible expenditure
- include one or more of the following eligible activities:
- minor capital works
- development/installation of research equipment
- employment of personnel
We may also approve other activities.
We will consider activities based outside of rural, regional and remote areas, provided the proposal can demonstrate the benefit to patients in rural, regional and remote areas. However, preference will be given to trial activities provided in rural, regional and remote areas.
Unless otherwise formally agreed with the department, the definition of Rural, Regional and Remote areas for this grant opportunity are locations in the MMM (Modifed Monash Model) Classification 3-7 (use the MMM Locator on the Health Workforce Locator tool to determine Classification).
Grant Activity Timeframe:
Total Amount Available (AUD):
Estimated Grant Value (AUD):
From $5,000,000.00 to $100,000,000.00
Instructions for Application Submission:
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/RRRCTEI
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.business.gov.au.