Bureau of Health Information
Purpose of Position:
The Bureau of Health Information (BHI) creates timely, high quality public reports and information products on the performance of the NSW public health system. Our team undertakes analysis and interpretation of health service administrative, survey and other relevant data collections in order to: (a) evaluate performance of the public health system; (b) identify important trends, opportunities for service improvement and potential impact of policy change; (c) benchmark the performance of the system through comparisons; and (d) assess and disseminate information on the quality of data and data systems in the NSW public system.
Within the Bureau’s flexible multidisciplinary team environment, the Senior Analyst / Biostatistician works in collaboration with staff to define and create core content of timely, high quality public reports and information products on the performance of the NSW public health system in areas identified as priority in the work plan.
The Senior Analyst / Biostatistician undertakes statistical analyses of population-based administrative data and / or survey data and support high level interpretation of those analyses, in order to (a) evaluate performance of the public health system; (b) identify important trends, opportunities for service improvement and potential impact of policy change; and (c) benchmark the performance of the system through comparisons.
The Senior Analyst / Biostatistician contributes to the appropriate positioning of the Bureau as a respected provider of information to the community, clinicians and the NSW Government on the performance of the NSW public sector health system.
This position is Permanent Full Time and classified as Health Manager Level 3.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people with disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
1. Extensive experience using SAS statistical analysis software is required. Experience using other statistical analysis software is desirable.
2. Extensive experience conducting and interpreting statistical analyses of population-based administrative and/or survey data using a range of analytic tools and methodologies, including temporal and case mix adjusted and/or survey data analyses, in order to describe and compare the performance of health systems.
3. Demonstrated experience leading analysts and collaborating to create information that informs efforts to improve health care.
4. Extensive knowledge of healthcare data collections, including their strengths and limitations.
5. Highly developed skills in developing and validating methods and measures to improve public reporting of health system performance.
6. Experience providing analytic support, advice, mentorship and / or supervision to less experienced data analysts.
7. Ability to independently prioritise workload, manage time and collaborate with a highly skilled team to deliver a portfolio of projects.
8. Relevant graduate and / or post graduate qualification and / or equivalent relevant experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?Id=376781 →