Where you’ll be working
The Bureau of Health Information (BHI) is a board-governed organisation that provides independent reports on the performance of the NSW public healthcare system. Our vision is that BHI is the trusted provider of healthcare performance information, that our information is used to inform decisions, and that patients’ experiences and outcomes of care in NSW continue to improve.
BHI’s primary purpose is to provide timely, accurate and comparable information on the performance of the NSW public healthcare system in ways that enhance the system’s accountability and inform efforts to improve healthcare.
BHI nurtures a culture of teamwork, innovation and excellence. Our people are health services researchers, biostatisticians and data analysts, graphic designers, communication and data visualisation specialists, and corporate support staff. BHI shares the CORE values of NSW Health – Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
What you’ll be doing
The senior survey researcher for the NSW Patient Survey Program has a major role in the development of new surveys (methodology and questionnaire design) and promoting the use of survey findings to improve the quality of services provided by health organisations. This is an essential position in the continual development of a major program that surveys more than a quarter of a million recent patients annually.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 3
Remuneration: $110,961 – $126,496 per annum plus super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ74613
How to apply
Your application to be considered must include:
- Responses to the questionnaire addressing each of the selection criteria below
- An up-to-date resume of no more than five (5) pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
- Experience in the development of survey questionnaires, including review of literature, focus groups, cognitive testing and questionnaire validation. Experience in the collection and use of patient-reported measures is desirable.
- Experience in the management of projects and contracts, including planning, prioritising, problem solving, resource management and conflict resolution.
- Experience engaging with stakeholders, including a commitment to clear communication, customer service, the ability to positively influence others and negotiating agreeable outcomes, and supporting the optimal use of results among diverse stakeholders.
- Strong ability to understand and summarise statistical information produced for a range of audiences, including interpretation of information from large survey data sets and from administrative data.
- Demonstrated ability to act with integrity, show resilience and courage, communicate clearly and engage effectively in a small collaborative team environment, including experience supporting, developing and managing others.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and / or equivalent relevant experience.
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Jason Boyd on Jason.Boyd@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 18 November 2018
If you are interested in being part of a vibrant team committed to outstanding performance, this is a great opportunity, so make your application count – ensure you address the selection Criteria.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.health.nsw.gov.au.