SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Chair and Head of Deakin Health Economics (DHE) will be responsible for leading the Health Economics Unit and providing outstanding academic leadership in health economics. You will provide the strategic leadership and management acumen necessary to guide DHE through the current challenges in the research and teaching environment.
This will include:
- Providing high level strategic advice on future directions for DHE, across both its research and teaching programs.
- Working with the DHE Executive and Stream Leaders to lead and develop strategic plans and business cases within the research streams and across DHE as a whole.
- Working with the DHE Executive to lead and develop internal and external collaborations to further Deakin’s research activities and seek new research opportunities.
- Contributing to the successful application of scholarly and research expertise to innovation and invention, with appropriate involvement in the commercialisation of outcomes.
- A relevant doctoral qualification or equivalent qualifications.
- Effective strategic leadership of research programs, projects, research funding sources and research staff.
- Business acumen in managing a research team, unit or centre.
- Recognition as an eminent authority at national and international levels in research and scholarship, through publication in high quality and high impact outlets.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 180550_-_Chair_and_Head_Deakin_Health_Economics.pdf
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26 August 2018
TO APPLY Click Here
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-acc.deakin.edu.au.