Australia's largest not-for-profit health fund
- Use your academic research experience in a more corporate environment
- Implement real change in the health sector
- Rewarding senior position in Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund
About HCF and the Research Foundation
HCF is Australia’s largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric. The HCF RF funds health services research for the benefit of HCF members and all Australians.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Officer of Member Health, this role is responsible for implementing the revised strategy of the HCF RF and managing the multiple grant streams and projects to ensure high quality health service practice is identified and translated for improvement in patient care. The successful candidate will work with HCF stakeholders to optimise awareness of the HCF RF and to encourage provider adoption of research outcomes.
The role involves complex stakeholder management and also provides support to the Chief Officer, Member Health by assisting in responding to internal and external requirements.
As a senior role within HCF, the Head of HCF Research Foundation is expected to contribute to the culture, thought leadership, and overall performance accountability of the Member Health team and the broader HCF leadership group.
- Implement the new research funding strategy of the HCF Research Foundation
- Manage the governace and administration of multiple grant streams and projects to ensure delivery against funding agreements and objectives.
- Raise and maintain awareness of the Research Foundation, funding streams and grant outcomes
- Utilise the relationships that HCF has with policy makers, funders, providers and health consumers to help embed the findings of research programs into practice.
- Work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to optimise the impact of the RF.
- Provide support the Chief Officer, Member Health on policy development, position papers etc.
- Contribute to the senior leadership of HCF
- Established credentials in health research
- Research Higher Degree is favourable
- Understanding of national competitive grant processes
- Experience in management of major grant programs or research programs
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders and implement strategies and projects
- Experience in the promotion of research outcomes and embedding them into practice
- Senior leadership experience
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
Family & Friends day
Organisation-wide Recognition & Rewards program
Generous Parental Leave Scheme
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please apply Online
To receive a full position description, please contact Aimee Thomas, Talent Acquisition Consultant – email@example.com
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.careers.hcf.com.au.