Description: The intended aims of the EOLC TCR are to identify best practice approaches to end of life care that are meaningful for patients, families and carers and coordinated within, and sustainable for, the health system.
The objectives of the EOLC TCR are to:
• understand how to provide high quality, evidence based end of life care, in an environment that is person-centred, recognising, accommodating and respecting the preferences and values of patients, their families and carers
• increase the awareness of patients, families, carers and the community of the options, preferences and ethics for end of life care
• identify best practice support for families and best practice training for carers and health/allied health professionals
• support the development of end of life care models which are systematic, integrated, flexible, culturally safe, appropriate according to need, and sustainable
• use data and evidence for service development, monitoring and quality assurance.
The EOLC TCR will not support:
• research based entirely overseas (out of Australia)
• proposals that focus on voluntary assisted dying and/or euthanasia
• studies that involve animal or in vitro work
Grant Activity Timeframe:
Total Amount Available (AUD):
Instructions for Application Submission:
Applications must be submitted electronically using NHMRC’s new grant management system, Sapphire.
Minimum data closes Wednesday 14 October 2020, 5pm (ACT Local Time)
To apply for this job please visit www.grants.gov.au.