Health Services Research Centre, Faculty of HealthVictoria University of Wellington
Health Services Research Centre, Faculty of Health,
Victoria University of Wellington
The Health Services Research Centre /Te Hikuwai Rangahau Hauora is an independent research Centre situated in the Faculty of Health/ Te Wāhanga Tātai Hauora, Victoria University of Wellington. The Centre is a New Zealand leader in health services research with a highly successful history in research and publication. Our multi-disciplinary team research issues relating to the health system, health services, disability and disability services, Māori health, and Pacific health. The Centre is located in the heart of downtown Wellington, in Old Government Buildings.
We are seeking an experienced researcher at Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow level. The position will be an 18-month fixed term role (1.0 FTE). The successful applicant will carry out research to an international standard working on established projects on primary health care, contributing to new grant applications and developing their own research programme. They will be self-motivated and able to act on their own initiative as well as collaboratively. Appointments at SRF level will involve a leadership role.
The successful applicant should possess a strong record in research scholarship, both in terms of publications and funded research. They should be established in any health services research or associated discipline with a background in health economics, health policy, social sciences or another field relevant to health services research.
• A completed Masters or PhD in a relevant field
• A track record in research, including experience in key research tasks, and in writing reports and journal articles and oral presentations
• Good skills in project management
• Broad knowledge of New Zealand health system
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Excellent team player and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Legally entitled to work in New Zealand if not a New Zealand citizen (by obtaining an appropriate visa)
Further information can be obtained from Professor Jackie Cumming, Director, email Jackie.Cumming@vuw.ac.nz; or telephone 0275636567
For role descriptions and online application form please visit:
Applications close midnight Friday 31 May 2019
Applications close midnight New Zealand time, 31 May 2019
To apply for this job please visit www.victoria.ac.nz.