Website Sax Institute
- Not for profit sector
- Part Time (0.8 FTE) maximum-term contract – 3 years
- Ultimo Location, professional and friendly environment
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is a leading Australian expert in helping decision makers find and make best use of research to solve real-world health and social problems.
We connect individuals and organisations with research, we build research platforms that generate new knowledge for use in decision making, and we lead thinking and knowledge around how to ensure more research has a real-world impact.
We are not a research institute but rather, a transformative organisation established to develop innovative ways of better connecting knowledge from research with those who can use it.
Research platforms developed and supported by the Sax Institute include the 45 and Up Study, Study of Environment on Aboriginal Resilience and Child Health (SEARCH) and the Secure Unified Research Environment (SURE).
The Research Assets Division has primary responsibility for the following Institute goals:
- Build and maintain research assets that enable high-quality research and produce new knowledge for decision making
- Drive research that contributes to policy, program and service delivery decisions.
About the Position
The Data Management Project Officer will support the management of data from programs across the Research Assets Division.
The role is offered initially part-time will possibility of transitioning to full-time and will be based at the Sax Institute in Sydney. An attractive salary package will be negotiated dependent on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
About the Selection Criteria
To be successful the Data Management Project Officer should demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing or managing database systems
- Proven analytical skills and a methodical approach to data management
- Demonstrated experience in quality control, data checking and cleaning of large scale datasets, including data manipulation and extraction
- Demonstrated experience in using SAS is essential. Knowledge of SPSS or STATA is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of data privacy and security issues
- Demonstrated experience in developing protocols and policy and procedure documents for data management
- High-level organisational and time management skills
- Ability to build successful working relationships with a variety of people, both internal and external, and to deliver on commitments made
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in a health research environment
- Experience working with highly confidential data.
About the Benefits
- Competitive salary including salary packaging
- Opportunity to impact health policy/program delivery.
The full position description for this role can be obtained on the Careers Opportunities page of our website, https://www.saxinstitute.org.au/about-us/career-opportunities/.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the following in the subject heading: Data Management Project Officer
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For any enquiries please contact Mark Bartlett on email@example.com or 02 9188 9510.
Applications closing date: 5pm, 27 July 2018.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org