Menzies Institute for Medical Research, University of Tasmania
Job no: 493447
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic – Research Focus
- Fixed-term, full-time role
- Three (3) year appointment
- Possibility of extension
The Senior Research Fellow / Principal Research Fellow will undertake health services research in an area of expertise that complements current research themes and strengths in health economics, data linkage and biostatistics. The incumbent is expected to work effectively as part of the Menzies Public Health and Primary Care Theme, build productive links with health service providers and policy makers, undertake high-quality research, secure external funding, produce high impact publications, and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion.
- Make a substantial and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality health services research of national and international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, health services, policy makers and wider community.
- Provide academic leadership in developing a health services research program, building teams, fostering outstanding research, and supporting the career development of other staff.
- Supervise and mentor research by higher degree and honours students.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A doctoral qualification in a field relevant to health services, with demonstrated academic merit in the field appropriate to a level C/D.
- A substantial record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved international recognition and made innovative, and sustained contributions relevant to health services including the publication of scholarly papers in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- A substantial record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions.
- Success in achieving competitive grant funding, commercial consultancies and other sources of research funding.
- Proven ability as an academic leader, with a record in team building and creating effective working relationships and promoting research with health service providers, government departments, professional bodies and the wider community.
Level C– Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $155,710 comprising base salary within the range of $113,867 to $133,086 plus 17% superannuation.
Level D – Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $178,164 comprising base salary within the range of $136,010 to $152,277 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position please contact Professor Alison Venn, Director, Menzies Institute for Medical Research, Alison.Venn@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 7706.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 27 May 2019. 11.55pm
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com.