Website University of Technology Sydney
Faculty of Health
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We’re known for our industry focus, practice-based teaching and learning, real world research and our location. With state-of-the-art campuses and facilities, we’re preparing students to become global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
The Faculty of Health at the University of Technology Sydney currently has a vacancy for an experienced Senior Lecturer in Health Services Management.
About the Role
As a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Health you will contribute to the achievement of the strategic goals of the Faculty. You will engage in learning and teaching and develop and maintain scholarly, research and professional activities related to your discipline.
In this role you will:
Teach in one or more of the following areas within the health services context:
- Quality and Safety
- Planning and Policy
- Health Economics and or Finance
- Organisational Development
- Human Resource Development
- Prepare and deliver lectures, tutorial and workshops, including online mode as required
- Participate in course coordination and management
- Establish a program of high quality research that aligns with Faculty and UTS research strategy
- Take a leading role in developing curricula
- Develop a national and international (as appropriate) research profile.
• Proven relevant work experience and competence in one of health services areas listed above
• Ability to plan, organize and achieve work targets, sometimes in demanding circumstances and to work harmoniously and constructively with all academic colleagues and other university staff
• Experience in teaching at tertiary level and demonstrated excellence in learning and teaching activities with knowledge of the educational needs of students
• Experience in the design and development of learning materials/programs and a strong record in developing curricula
• Experience in research activities with evidence of a strong research publications and grant track record
• Experience in supervision of groups of staff and/or development and mentoring of staff.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click apply and download the position statement from the UTS website.
Salary Range: $123,911 to $138,453 pa (Academic Level C)
The university offers 17% employer provided superannuation and salary packaging opportunities. This appointment will be on Continuing Full Time basis.
You will also reap the rewards of working in a dynamic, supportive, environment with employee benefits including flexible work practices, study support, discounted gym membership and generous parental leave
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC119835, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document – click apply to be taken to the relevant page.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing. Assistance with registering and making your application is available on our Jobs at UTS webpage.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC119835.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org 02 9514 1080
Closing Date: Thursday 22 November 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.uts.edu.au.