- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location – Sydney NSW Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity (CPHCE) is a UNSW research centre operating from four locations: on campus at Randwick, and at Liverpool, Darlinghurst and Camperdown. CPHCE’s Mission is to contribute to better, fairer health and health care in the community by conducting research, evaluation and development that strengthens primary health care and addresses health inequities Website link
About the role
Fixed term – Part Time (0.8 FTE) for 24 months
Prorated salary: $103, 047 – $121, 478 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Research Fellow (Integrated Care) position is responsible for leading the evaluation of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) Integrated Care Strategy, based on an evaluation framework that has already been developed. The goal of the Strategy is to create an integrated system of care, based on patient centred approaches and health intelligence systems. In addition to leading the Evaluation Project, the Research Fellow (Integrated Care) will be involved in other South Eastern Sydney Research Collaboration Hub (SEaRCH) research projects, and CPHCE’s teaching within UNSW Sydney.
Further details are available on the attached position description.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in a health-related or social science discipline, ideally in health services research, primary health 3 care, integrated care, service integration, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated research training and experience, including mixed methods research, qualitative research, case study research, survey research, and analysis of routinely collected service and financial data
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and manage complex research and evaluation projects
- Ability to engage and manage expectations of varied stakeholders, including senior managers, service managers and clinicians
You should systematically address the selection criteria from the position description in your application.
Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Contact: Associate Professor Ben Harris-Roxas
T: 02 9385 8412
Applications close: 11pm 4th November 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
To apply for this job please visit external-careers.jobs.unsw.edu.au.