Health Services Research UK (HSRUK) is partnering with the NIHR and colleagues at Health Systems Global to bring together academics interested in global health policy and systems research (HPSR), through a new community of interest.
The NIHR is looking to expand into global health policy and systems research. HSRUK encourages researchers across its network to come together in this new community, where inter-disciplinary expertise and health policy and systems knowledge in a variety of settings is valued. Through the online community and a new survey, both led by HSRUK, this is an opportunity to share thoughts, insights and ideas which will help inform future funding and programmes.
Views are being sought on how a new funding scheme can address priorities in low and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Why join in? Perhaps you have never considered research in this setting before; this is your chance to explore it further. If you're already working in this space, this is a great opportunity to learn from others and partner in future research for the primary benefit of LMICs. Take part in the global HPSR community to:
- share your thoughts with the NIHR on priority global HPSR research themes and models, to help shape a new funding opportunity
- meet other researchers interested in global HPSR, and learn from those already working in this space, both in the UK and LMICs
- get the latest global HPSR news
- develop research collaborations and partnerships
- share learning through and beyond the initial NIHR consultation period
- hear about plans for NIHR global HPSR calls in 2019/2020