The Accord is an agreement between Sydney Health Partners' (SHP) five major partners to standardise the information required from researchers when they apply for access to de-identified patient data.
By working through the Data Sharing Protocol Checklist and ensuring all relevant conditions are met, researchers can expect faster and easier approvals to access de-identified patient data, especially when working across multiple Partner organisations
The Accord and its complementary Data Sharing Protocol Checklist provide common-sense language guidance on the issues researchers need to consider when requesting health data across organisational boundaries, including:
- What information should be supplied around project data field selection and access.
- What information should be supplied to correctly describe the data extraction, transfer and on-going storage processes.
- Advice around de-identification and consent/waiver of consent requirements.
- What permissions are likely to be required during the Site Specific Assessment process and who can grant these.
- Considerations around safe access to newly created research datasets and their analysis.